Decor: You mean my walls can shimmer!?

9/17/2009 10:47:00 PM Ashley 1 Comments

I’m itching to paint things again. I have one project in the works, painting a old family cabinet. It’s been around for at least 26 years and it’s showing its age. Nate and I just picked out some paint and are going to attack it this weekend. That is for another post though.

I want to paint a room like right now. Stupid rental house.

I have always loved having rooms painted. It gives a totally different look and feel to a room. It was also a great way to relax, until working at Banana Republic killed my will to paint anything. There is nothing fun about having a time constraint as well as painting a dark color over a light color (or visa-versa).

About 2 and a half years ago I decided that I was going to stripe my dining room wall. First mistake. I had discovered the amazing metallic paint line from Ralph Lauren (Regent Metallic). I chose Bronze Statue and Golden Candlestick for my wall and it turned out amazing. Though I swore off ever doing another striped wall, I just saw this wall on the website and I fell in love.

Photo from RalphLaurenHome.comPhoto from RalphLaurenHome.com


Can I just say how much I LOVE the green stripes. I mean come on!

I really loved painting with the Regent Metallic line. It was way too simple. You buy your paint and a special roller and you’re set. I know that metallic/shimmer paints are usually a pain in the ass to work with, but I was impressed with its shine.

Right now I would just love to have this in our house somewhere. Maybe I’ll whine to the guy who owns/rents the house to us.

What do you think about the line/colors?

1 comment :

  1. I did this once in my rental house hall and it turned out so amazing! I just bought a house and plan to do it again in my entry way. You are so right about painting stripes though. It is a pain, but totally worth it in this beautiful green!

    ReplyDelete